Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Lit-Cube UnBoxing: Anniversary of the Dragon

One thing I've always wanted to try was a subscription box so, when Lit-Cube (a monthly subscription box for readers) shared the news that in April they were going to celebrate in style with an "Anniversary of the Dragon" theme, I really couldn't resist. After all, I celebrated my birthday in April, I was allowed to get a special gift, right? ;)


The box flew and landed on my doorstep last week and I opened it right away! I know you must be pretty curious right now so, without further ado, I'm going to show you what was inside the cube.


SLAYERS BY C.J. HILL ($9.99 Value)

Are you a bookworm? I surely am, and when a fantasy story comes my way (one that does have dragons in it, nevertheless!), rest assured you'll see a smile on my face :)

Come on, don't you think it looks like an adventure is in order?

Sixteen-year-old Tori Hampton may be a socialite and a senator's daughter, but she's certainly more than just a pretty face. She's smart and tough and surprisingly good at outdoor sports. For as long as she can remember, Tori always had a secret obsession with dragons. And now that she's attending Dragon Camp for the summer, she can't wait to indulge her inner fascination.

But unbeknownst to Tori, this is no ordinary camp. This is a camp for Slayers—a handful of teens descended from the original knights. And with new dragon eggs about to hatch, the time for the Slayers to save the world is now. Danger awaits, romance beckons, and their very survival is at stake.


FAT MAN'S BEEF JERKY ($2.99 Value)

Ok, this was really unexpected . . . I had a "What am I looking at?" and "Is it really edible?" moment because, I got to tell you, it looks like dragon skin! It's still on my kitchen counter, don't know when I'm going to taste it but, if you're very curious, you can get yours here. Also, this snackable gift came with a cupon code we can use to receive a 10% off our online order.


DRAGON BRACELET ($8.95 Value)

This is a leather bracelet and it is so cool! My wrists are quite small, so I thought it wouldn't fit well, but it looks better than I imagined and I'm happy I can show it around, YAY!


COLOURING JOURNAL ($9.99 Value) + EXCLUSIVE COLOURED PENCIL SET ($6.99 Value)

Now, if you are a follower or a regular reader of this blog, you have to know I'm quite artistic and I love colouring books. But this? This is way much more! In fact, it's an actual 80 pages lined journal where you can note down whatever you want (perhaps challenge yourself in writing an adventurous story!) while also have fun by colouring the 16 pages included in it. And what better way to do that than using a lovely set of coloured pencils made especially for Lit-Cube's subscribers?


EXCLUSIVE LIT-CUBE PLUSH! ($11.99 Value)

I saved the best for last! Let's face it, there's a child inside of us all who can't help but giggle every time they get a plush toy. This one, then, is quite particular because it's an exclusive book-drunk mascot, Stacks, the ladies at Lit-Cube have made as a limited edition. Indeed, it won't ever be produced again, so it does make for a very special gift, don't you agree?


If you want to try it before you sign up for a recurring subscription, please note that you can also sign up for a One Month Gift Cube and see if you think it's worth it. Personally, I think it is. For the price you pay ($34.95), you get a lot of stuff worth more than that and even a few exclusives you can only be proud to add to your precious collection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...