Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford

I should have known that once I started colouring these books, I wouldn't have been able to stop! Indeed, the second adult colouring book I got is finished and the artist in me is ready for a new challenge. But first, let me show you what I have done with this one . . .


Johanna Basford did it again and dragged me in with some gorgeous illustrations. If I had fun with Secret Garden Artist's Edition, I had a blast with Enchanted Forest! Lots of animals are in this edition, each really cute and inspiring, so much that I decided to try different kind of colouring. For example, for the bunny and the fox you see below I only used three colours and I think the effect turned out quite good.



I personally also really love using black so, this time around, I added it on three illustrations to try and have three different kinds of impact. I'm particularly pleased with the compass, but I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the other two as well. 




Last but not least, the dragonfly. My sister keeps saying it would look great as a tattoo and, especially considering it was the first one I decided to colour when I looked at this book, I appreciate her comment a lot :)


The pages of this book are less thick than the ones in Secret Garden Artist's Edition, but the quality is still good and, anyway, I always stick with pencils, so no possible illustration on the back of the one I'm colouring was ever ruined. It takes lots of hours to complete each illustration, but every time you finish one, you find yourself smiling and already turning the pages to find the next project to start. If you are one of those who usually panics over which green to use for the leafs, don't. The beauty of books such as this one is to let your creativity run wild, hence pick up the colours you feel would work best for you and see how it turns out. Colouring is not just supposed to be relaxing, but fun too, and with this book you will get plenty of both!

*I was kindly gifted this book by Midas PR
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...