Tuesday, 12 January 2016

My goals for 2016

I'm usually not one who makes New Year resolutions, and that is for two reasons: one, I never follow through and two, they're always the same... This year I'll lose weight, I'll go to the gym, I'll finish that novel I started three years ago... Come on, aren't we tired of saying things that deep deep down we know we will never do?  


2015—especially the last trimester—has been full of changes for me, both on personal and business level. You could say that I've had a rough end of year, but I know 2016 is going to be different. This past October I launched my lifestyle blog and entered the world of the freelancing business. It was literally like I discovered a magical land full of things that I've never heard before, exciting things that made me think that my newly found hopes and dreams were, in fact, possible. I'm constantly meeting new people (*virtually*, of course) and learning new things and all I keep thinking is: I can do it

Before I tell you what I'll do my absolute best to accomplish in 2016, I would like to give a shout out to two awesome ladies who, not only they are successful business women, but they keep proving that if you want something really really bad and you put your heart and soul into it, you will get it. So, Melyssa Griffin and Kimra Luna, thank you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for showing every day that anything is possible.

Now, I'm already getting emotional so it's best if we move on, or I'll end up ruining the purpose of this post and depress everybody (which we don't want, right?).

Truth is, I discovered Melyssa's website and all the wonderful things she does way before I started this blog. I'd read her income reports and stare incredulous at her numbers, thinking "wow, did she really earn that much? Can I do it as well?". I have only just started in this business, so the only answer I can give myself right now is: yes, I think I can. I've been attending a couple of webinars and taking notes and I have lots of info to to help, so this is what I'm going to do this year:

  • I will start and grow my email list. I had another business before I started this blog and I did have a list, but I only realised now that I wasn't able to use its full potential. I'm already developing an infoproduct that will hopefully appeal everyone, so keep an eye on this blog for that!
  • I will create and sell an e-course. Actually, that is more of what I would like to do. Right now I'm in the process of using a survey for market research, but I haven't decided if it's going to be an e-course, a workshop or something else. I suppose only time will tell. 
  • I will make a plan about planning. Yes, it does sound a bit controversial, but I want to do so many things and have so many ideas that I need a bit of order. My ideal situation would be to be able to schedule a month's worth of posts in advance, so that I have lightened my work a little bit and can focus on the above mentioned tasks. 
  • I will host a free webinar. I suppose this is going to be the hardest one to accomplish. I am camera shy and I've been saying that I wanted to start a Youtube channel since mid-November. Yet, I have been postponing and postponing and postponing. I actually tried making a video during the holidays of what I got for Christmas, but I was told I was clearly very tense so I don't think that video will ever see the light of day. I did feel awkward, so I guess appearing in video is not entirely for me. However, if you have tips and suggestions (or successful stories) on how to overcome this, I'm all ears! 
  • I will write more. I actually do want to write more, so I would really like to find more writing opportunities. I also want to write more lengthy posts, but this is something that I need to work on, because length has never been my forte (even before I quit Uni). 

So, these are the things I would like to accomplish in 2016. Well, there's a lot more than those, but I wanted to keep this list business-related. 

What are your business goals for 2016? I would love to read them, so feel free to leave a comment! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...