Monday, 26 October 2015

7 One-pot meals to warm you up this Fall

I don't know about you, but here in Peterborough Fall is in full swing and last week was definitely the time to take out the thick coat. The air in the early morning is very chilly, the rain plays peek-a-boo every half an hour... Not the ideal weather for me. 
However, what I like to do in these cases—especially during the weekends—is to chill on the couch, blanket at immediate reach, and savour a hot meal.

In case you haven't noticed from my Pinterest boards, I let this wonderful platform inspire me with the hundreds of thousands recipes that can be found there. Here are 6 one-pot meals recipes to keep you warm this Fall.


Spinach Tortellini Tomato Soup @ Diethood

I LOVE Tortellini, especially when they're swimming in broth. However, Diethood has put a spin on this familiar food and I can't wait to try it out!

Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup @ Cupcake Diaries

I am familiar with potato soup, as I make that every year when it gets cold (and it's perfect with some homemade croutons), but Cupcake Diaries's version with the crockpot is light. Isn't it fantastic? 

Chicken and Potato Chowder @ Damn Delicious

I'll admit I am not familiar with Chowder, and the only one I've ever heard of is sweetcorn. However, I like chicken and Damn Delicious is certainly how this recipe looks. Plus, any excuse to use Cheddar is a good one!

Leftover Ham & Bean soup @ Jo Cooks

I am not the biggest fan of beans, though I occasionally enjoy a brown bean soup, and I've never had Ham for Christmas, but somehow Jo Cooks' recipe reminds me of something my mother would make. I do like cooked ham, after all!

Beef Bourguignon @ The Chunky Chef

Every time I see this recipe I can't help thinking about Julia Child, and for The Chunky Chef it was the same. This rich dish is definitely something that I'll have to make at least once in my life!

Beef Stew @ Natasha's Kitchen

This is another beef dish that I want to make, and Natasha's Kitchen's earthy recipe makes me want to invite people over for dinner just so that I can cook this!

Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Stew @ Gimme Some Oven

Gimme Some Oven shares her root vegetable stew and it looks very easy to cook. I've never tasted parsnips, so I think this is the perfect recipe to try them out, don't you think?

What is your favourite one-pot meal? 


Side note: Today's my birthday and I *will* be having guests for dinner, so pictures and a breakdown of what I cooked will follow soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...